The pumpkins we planted really did not do the best. The harvest was one pumpkin! As you can see in the upper left hand corner of my photo, the leaves on our pumpkin plant has a fungus. I really think that inhibited the growth and the number of pumpkins the plant produced.
When researching the fungus and what to do I came up with some solutions. Because I wanted to keep everything organic I needed something that would not have harsh chemicals, only natural ingredients. One solution was to add baking soda to a water sprayer and spray everyday. That did some good, but did not get rid of the problem entirely. I found a all natural, chemical free spray in Lowes and that did the trick. I think maybe a bit late because we only have one more pumpkin starting. I cut back all the leaves with the fungus, but once again a bit too late.
I will enjoy my two pumpkins, making pumpkin bread and hope that next year I can do a bit better with the tips on fungus.